Yachters Win Trophy Race

Last Minute Drive Overtakes Yalemen

Two Crimson dinghy crews overcame a first day lead piled up by Elimen to win the Danmark Trophy Races at New London, Connecticut yesterday. The victorious Harvard team amassed 251 points, just edging Dartmouth. Dartmouth's second place total was 246, while Yale and the United States Coast Guard teams took third and fourth with 217 and 197 respectively.

Fourteen college teams competed at the Coast Guard Academy Saturday and Sunday for the Trophy, which was offered by Captain Knud L. Mansen of the training ship Danmark. Formerly a floating school for Danish naval cadets, the Danmark has been stationed at the academy wharf and is new in the Coast Guard fleet.

Although one team traveled from Michigan University, the 14 teams predominantly represented Eastern colleges. Each entered two crews which were made up of a skipper and an able seaman. Carrying the Crimson colors were David C. Noyes, Jr. '44, skipper, and Paul Van Buren '46, whose boat was entered in the first division and John C. Burton '44, who skippered his craft in the second division with the help of crewman Harold S. Van Buren '45.

Three women contestants, hailing from the Universities of New Hampshire and Michigan, sailed their yachts to finishing positions above the average of the male entrants.