Interhouse Committee Schedules Dances for Football Weekends

Dartmouth Game to Have Three Frolics

With the football squad working hard in preparation for a full schedule this fall, the Inter-House Dance Committee, at its second meeting since its founding, also made fall preparations in the form of a large scale social program centered around four of the big games.

The Committee meeting, held on Wednesday night, wound up the arguments by choosing the Houses to hold dances by lot. The Dartmouth weekend will start the dances off with a bang, the game being scheduled for October 17; and no less than three dances are planned for that weekend.

Lowell to Hold Army Game Dance

Adams, Kirkland, and Winthrop all share honors for the Dartmouth weekend. One of the Houses will hold its dance on Friday, while the other two will probably entertain on Saturday evening. October 24, weekend of the Army game, will find Lowell in the lime-light.

Princeton will face the Crimson eleven on October 31, and a dance at Elliot and another at Leverett will climax the athletic contest. The last game of the season in Cambridge, with Brown, will see Harvard's football social program concluded with a big dance at Dunster.

Temporary Chairman Chosen

After the task of choosing dance weekends, the Inter-House Dance Committee elected Thomas T. Hoffman '44, who is chairman of the Leverett House Dance Committee, as its temporary chairman. Charles H. McCroskey '43, chairman of the Kirkland Dance Committee, has been chosen temporary assistant chairman. New elections in the fall will determine the permanent officers for the committee.