160 Men Graduate as Summer Term Ends

Mil Sci 3 Men Finish Basic, Return Here

Harvard's first regular summer term will come to an end tomorrow with the last of the final exams, and classes will start in the next trimester on Monday, November 1.

Although there will be no formal graduation ceremonies, about 160 men are expected to get their degrees, including 33 Naval ROTC Seniors who start wearing ensign uniforms this morning.

In addition to the men graduating a considerable number of students will leave for the armed forces, although the Deans Office has no accurate figures on this group yet. Also departing are men from the V-12 Unit who have finished their training here.

V-12ers Detached

From this group, 11 men are going to the Naval Reserve Midshipman School at Columbia University, two are moving to the Supply School at Wellesley, 25 are going to Norfolk to await orders to Midshipman School, and a large group of premeds will be ordered to Naval hospitals to serve as orderlies until the Medical School term starts in January.

To replace these men and any others who may be detached, 165 new V-12ers will report on November 1, while about 100 civilian Freshmen, transfer students, and men returning from leaves of absence will register on Friday, October 29.

The ranks of the ASTP unit as well as the College will be increased by the return of about 50 former members of the third-year ROTC who have just finished basic training and are awaiting vacancies in OCS. These men will take Military Science under First Lieutenant Thomas G. Burke, FA, and College courses from a list which the Army considers valuable, and will also have administrative duties.