COUNCIL PICKS COMMITTEEMEN FOR FRESHMEN

New Appointees Will Serve Until Elections in February

Following a survey of first year men, the Directive Committee of the Student Council announced yesterday its selections for the nine-man Freshman Affairs Committee. Two men each from Lowell, Adams, and Standish, two from the V-12 and one from Dudley Hall will from the temporary group making all decisions for their class until elections next February.

Oakes Ames '47, Daniel P. S. Paul '46, Chairman; and Roswell B. Perkins '47 of the NROTC are the members of the Council's Directive Committee, and the three will attend the first meeting of the Freshman Affairs Committee, scheduled for Monday, December 4.

Survey Determines Choices

The three-man Directive Committee made the appointments following an examination of the Freshman class list and school records, and consultations with the proctors and Freshman Deans. The Dudley representative has not been announced, but will be chosen later this week.

Walter E. Robb 3rd, of Weston, and Arthur C. McGill of Wellesley Hills were chosen to represent Lowell House. The Directive Committee's appointments for Adams, were Howland P. Hall, of Chestnut Hill and Oliver W. Roosevelt, Jr., of New York City.

Amos L. Hopkins, Jr., of Cambridge, and George J. Foufas of Waterloo, Iowa were the choices from Standish, while the Navy appointments were Thorvald L. Ross, Jr., of Cambridge, and James R. Young, of Atlanta.