Crimson Hoopsters Hold Early Practice; Floyd Stahl to Coach Informal Quintet

Athletic Association Schedules 16 Games

Practice for the informal Crimson basketball--team swung into high gear yesterday as head coach Floyd Stahl Started whipping the squad into shape for the opening game of the 1944-45 season at week from tomorrow.

By next week the squad will be cut down to approximately 25 players, of whom 12 men will form the Varsity and the remainder fill out the B team. There will be no night practices this year.

Schedule Announced

Announced yesterday by the Athletic Association was the schedule for the 1944-45 hoop season. In a friendly gesture designed to cheer wounded veterans, games have been scheduled with several Service Hospitals in the State. These games will be played in addition to contests with Army and Navy teams and college outfits inside the 50 mile radius set for informal Crimson teams.

All home games will be played at night in the Indoor Athletic Building, usually on Wednesday and Saturday. As encouragement for the student body to get out and back the team, the Athletic Association will put up bleachers around the center court, which will prevent crowding in the balcony.