Fradd to Assume Post In Service Command

PT Director Will Aid With Rehabilitation

Norman W. Fradd, Assistant Director of Physical Education, has been granted a one-year leave of absence by the University, it was learned yesterday. He reports for active duty today as civilian consultant on rehabilitation and reconditioning, attached to the First Service Command.

Fradd's absence is one of many in the Department of Physical Education. Also on leave of absence are Lieutenant-Colonel William J. Bingham '16, Director of Physical Education, now serving under General Miles of the First Service Command as head of the Departments of Internal Security and of Military Intelligence; Lieutenant-Commander Richard C. Harlow, formerly head football coach at Harvard, now serving with the Navy and Lieutenant Thomas D. Bolles formerly Varsity crew coach here, currently serving as Executive Officer of the V-12 unit at Duke University.

Other men from the Physical Education Department now serving with the Armed Forces include William Neufeld, formerly Freshman track coach, Harvey M. Love, former Freshman crew coach, and Lyal W. Clark, formerly assistant football coach.

Fradd first came to the University as an instructor in Physical Education in 1919, after having served as director of the physical reconditioning program at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington. His new duties will be similar to those he performed during the last war, except that they will be on a much larger scale; he will have supervision over the rehabilitation of wounded veterans in the entire area of New England.