Fast-Breaking Holy Cross Five Routs Stahl Quintet, 61-36, for Tenth Loss

Jayvees Crush Exeter Here In Return Encounter, 53-16

Holy Cross's fast-breaking quintet put on an exhibition of smooth ball-handling and deadly shooting Saturday night to send the Crimson down to its tenth defeat of the campaign, 61 to 36, in the Indoor Athletic Building. Partially atoning for the rout was the Jayvees' crushing victory over Exeter earlier in the afternoon, 58 to 16.

With injuries forcing Captain Mike Keene out of the starting lineup for the second time, Bill Jenkins played in the center slot. By the time he left the game on five personals, Jenkins had scored six points to tie with Gerry Johnson and Rip Collins for runner-up honors. Jack Clark again led the Crimson marksmen with eight markers.

Six points in the last 12 seconds of the first half gave the Crusaders a 30 to 17 lead at intermission, Freshman Bernie Prusaczyk teaming with sharpshooting, diminutive Tom Deem to score 34 of the invaders' tallies. After a slow start, the Purple quickly found its mark and was never headed by the home team.

The Jayvees' triumph over Exeter was their sixth of the season and their second over Exeter. Coach Samborski found opportunity to throw 12 men into the tray after his charges' 25 to 11 halftime lead, and saw his team hold the opposition to a scant five points in the second half.