NEW FRESHMEN REGISTRATION MAY TOTAL 90

Enrollment Scales Balanced By Departure of 90 Civilians

Approximately 90 new Freshmen will register in Boylston Reading Room next Friday, filling in the gap in civilian enrollment created by the 90 men who are leaving College upon completion of the winter term, Sargent Kennedy, Assistant Dean of Harvard College, revealed yesterday.

In addition to the new Freshmen, veterans, including old Harvard men who will be entering as upperclassmen, are expected to register.

Little Change in Enrollment

Roughly 640 returning civilian undergraduates, 450 V-12 and NROTC trainees, and a sprinkling of transfers will swell the undergraduate enrollment in the College of Arts and Sciences to over 1200. This figure is about the same as totals for the recent winter term, which ends today.

The new '48c men, who form the third and final segment of the Class of '48, will receive their indoctrination into the complexities of Harvard life this weekend in a series of receptions, tests, and lectures.

All '48c Freshmen have been assigned to either Adams or Lowell House, as was the case last summer with the 425 men who comprised '48a. Most of last November's '48b Freshmen will remain in Standish Hall, and will continue to take meals at either Lowell or Adams, depending upon which House they have been affiliated with during the past term. A few '48b men have moved into Adams and Lowell. The V-12 Unit will remain in Eliot House.

Except by special petition, enrollment for the summer term will be limited to men who have entered in November, '44, or March or July, '45.