COOP DIVIDEND WILL BE RAISED

Cole Nominated Again for Presidency on New Slate

A two per cent increase in the patronage refund, which raises the rate on items charged and cash purchases from the eight and ten per cent allowed last year to ten and twelve per cent respectively, was announced early yesterday by the officers of the Harvard Cooperative Society, who at the same time set Saturday, October 13, as the date on which accrued amounts become payable.

On or after this date, checks for the amount of ten per cent of the total items charged and twelve per cent of all cash purchases made in the June '44 to June '45 period may be picked up at the Square store by the members themselves.

The listing of nominations for officers for the 1945-46 period shows little change over the slate of officers and directors for the recent fiscal year. Renominated to the presidency and vice-presidency are George E. Cole and Austin W. Scott, while Walter Humphreys and Horace S. Ford will continue their present duties as secretary and treasurer of the Coop.

William J. Bingham '16, director of Physical Education and Athletics, and Arthur B. Lamb, Erving Professor of Chemistry, were named as stockholders, with terms expiring in October, 1950.

Both Delmar Leighton '19 and Elliott Perkins '223 have been renominated to serve on the-Board of Directors as representatives of Harvard, while Stanley F. Teele, professor of Business Administration, succeeds Donald K. David, dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration in representing the officers of the University.

Kenneth B. Murdock, Francis Lee Higginson Professor of English Literature, is suggested as the Alumni member of the Board for another term. Undergraduate representation will be accomplished by Jerome E. Andrews, NROTC, of the Senior class and by John T. Noonan, Jr. '47 and Arthur C. McGill '48 for the Junior and Sophomore classes.