New Constitution Up for Council's Sanction Tonight

Its wording polished up and the final draft unanimously approved yesterday by the Student Council Constitutional Committee, a proposed new constitution will come before the Council this evening for discussion and ratification.

Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46, chairman of the Council group which has labored for the past two months to produce the document, said last night that his committee would recommend that the vote for ratification by the student body be held in the first week of the spring term.

With the finished draft of the new Council procedure ready for official release as soon as the last-minute changes are included, present Council members have been especially urged to be present tonight for what is expected to be a prolonged debate before final approval.

Members of Weld's committee, made up early in October of Council men, members of the summer term's spontaneous "reform" group, and representatives of undergraduate activities, include Richard G. Axt '46, William H. Bozman '46, Raymond A. Considine '48;

Harold C. Fleming '44, Edward L. French '45, Gordon W. Hedin '46, Roger S. Kuhn '46, Henry Lee, Jr. '48, Joseph H. Sharlitt '45, Phillip M. Stern '47, and James J. Sullivan '47.