Twenty Nominated for 1947 Class Committee

Petitions Needed to Complete Ballot for Permanent Class Body; Elections Next Month

Five names short of a minimum ballot of 25 decided upon for '47's 12-man permanent Class Committee elections, the Nominating Committee last night released the 20 names already chosen for candidacy.

Appealing to his classmates to submit petitions for further nominations, Chairman Donald M. Blinken '47 announced that petition blanks, which must be signed by at least 25 members of the class, are available at the House dining halls and may be handed over to the secretary of Phillips Brooks House within the next week.

Petitions Expected

The Nominating Committee left the five-name leeway so that a nominal percentage of the ballot could come from the class at large by petition.

Automatically including the Nominaing Committee itself, chosen by the Student Council, the list of candidates named is as follows: William M. Ayres, Stephen D. Becker, Donald M. Blinken, Donald C. Borg, Dana F. Bresnahan. Robert Cowen, Victor J. Critchlow, W. L. Jack Edwards, William B. Fosler, Sidney F. Greeley, Jr., Richard A. Green, John P. McMorrow, Thomas L. P. O'Donnell. Roswell B. Perkins, E. Barr Peterson, Clinton M. Ritchie, Saul L. Sherman. Philip M. Stern, James M. Sullivan, and Nathan Weston.

Alumni Eligible

Some of those nominated are no longer in the College, but all members of the class are eligible for service on the Committee, Blinken disclosed. Ballots will be mailed to all '47 men not in Cambridge.

After next month's elections, the 12 men chosen will take over the class functions. Class Day activities, the election of Class officers, and the selection of the staff of the Album will come under the aegis of the unit.