Faculty Stipulates Rules for Extra-Curricular Regulation

Full Review of Organizations In University Recommended By Student Council Report

The faculty took steps yesterday to regulate undergraduate extra-curricular activities more precisely, as the Committee on Student Affairs issued a thorough-going codification of the customary, but unprinted, set of rules previously in force.

Titled "Information and Regulations for Recognized Undergraduate Organizations," the document crystallizes the policy of the Dean's office on such matters as "Distribution of Printed Matter," "Financial Statements," "Rallies," "Parietal Regulations," and "Regulations for Public Performances."

Faculty approval must be obtained for the distribution of all posters and pamphlets, the report prescribes, and all organizations must submit regular financial statements. In addition, "the names of men participating" in any public performances must be cleared with the Dean's office before such appearances may be permitted.

Propose Investigating Group

In a meeting coincidental with the issuance of the regulations, the Student Council Committee on Extra-curicular Activities recommended last night the creation of a council group to investigate the whole range of undergraduate enterprises.

Specifically, the committee asked for a probe into the "organization, administration, facilities," of every college organization and the reasons for the student indifference to them. The recommendation followed discussion, by members representing almost every student activity, on the limitations and functions of the proposed group.

In its recommendation, the committee asked that, among other matters, the contemplated Council body consider recent suggestions for the construction of a new student activities center.

This request for a center followed previous Council agitation for more space in which to house the growing number of extra-curricular activities in the College. Committee members considered such a building a "must" for the fostering of more active participation in undergraduate organizations.