Forum Features Study Groups in Spring Schedule

Talks Designed to Supplement Bi-Weekly Forums; Will Be Led by Graduate Students

Small current affairs discussion groups, designed to round out the structures of student courses, will highlight Harvard Forum spring activities, according to Emanuel Parzen '49, Forum president, Sponsored in conjunction with the Radcliffe League for Democracy, the study sessions will supplement the Forum's regular series of bi-weekly panels.

"The aim of those forums is to give undergraduates a better understanding of their fields of study," Parzen said. "We feel that intelligently led and organized discussions will help accomplish this."

According to plans formulated by the Forum's executive committee, the study sessions will each have a definite topic and objective to keep them from degenerating into bull sessions. Parzen emphasized that "they are intended for the the students who approach the questions of today conscious of the bigness of the problems and the scarcity of accurate information available."

All groups will be led by a graduate student, limited to a membership of 20, and will operate independently. Each group will choose its own meeting time and select specific sub-topics to be discussed and read during the term.

Registration for the groups will be held in the dining halls on February 7th, and at the same time a tentative list of discussion topics will be submitted for student choice. Among those proposed will be "Governments in the Postwar World," Ideas in Modern Philosophy," and "Race and Religious Prejudices."