Jayvee Grid Team Attacks Potent Blue This Afternoon

Underdogs for the first time in a couple of years, Chief Boston's Jayvee football team meets Yale's powerful and once-defeated Junior Varsity at 2 o'clock this afternoon at New Haven. With 239 points to their credit as against 64 points for their opponents, the men who play second squad to Jackson, Nadherny, Furse, and company are the class of the Jayvee Leagues.

Cornell handed the Bulldog Jrs. their only loss of the autumn in the first game of the season by a 13 to 6 score, but since then nobody has gotten closer than eight points to them. And Columbia, which is generally compared to the Phillies in Jayvee circles, fell by the wayside 59 to 0, and the Yalies continued on, blasting Connecticut and Rutgers.

After slamming the Bruins by 33 points more than Harvard did, the Bulldogs last week beat the Princeton team that topped the Crimson a couple of weeks ago. Only against the stumbling Indians from Dartmouth do Chief Boston's men hold a comparative edge. The Boston's men best them 40 to 0 while the Yalies won by a more modest 31 to 0.

After a week off from running enemy formations-the Freshman team impersonated Yale this week-Boston's Jayvee team is about at its peak offensively, but recent injuries will hamper the coming New Haven operations. Captain Ossie Keiver, the left tackle, dislocated his elbow against Brown and will be available for but sparse action if at all. A couple of men on the and squad are banged up and second-string center Dick King is just recovering from injuries.

On the brighter side, Frank Miklos, the passer and signal caller of the Boston team, is slated to play for the Jayvees this week instead of acting as a reserve for the Varsity. His assignment with the Jayvees will mean an aerial threat against the Yalies who have not showed alright pass defense. Line backers Mel Freshman and Justin Walah have been promoted to the Varsity, however.