Phi Beta Kappas Pick Sixteen New College Members

Sixteen men, including twelve Seniors and four Juniors, were elected to Phi Bota Kappa in a meeting of the University's Alpha Chapter Wednesday. Eight of the men graduated at the close of the summer term.

The annual winter dinner of the Society will be held in the Kirkland House Junior Common Room on December 4. Chief speaker of the evening will be Francis H. Russell, chief of the State Department's Office of Public Affairs.

October graduates named are Maurico C. Benewitz '47 of Hartford, Connecticut; Joseph S. Berliner '48 of Harvardevens; Sheldon R. Braiterman '48 of Ballimore; Mark R. Leiserson '48 of Washington; Donald R. Miller '47 of Jersoy City, New Jersoy; William J. Moss '44 of St. Pail. Minnesota; Alexander Rich '46 of Springfield; Alan R. Solomon '42 of Cambridge.

Those of Senior Class standing who were elected are Ray E. Donner '45 of Leverett House and Los Angeles; Stanley J. Friedman '48 of Adams House and Brooklyn, New York; Arnold Golodets '48 of Lowell House and New York; Harlan P. Hanson '46 of Kirkland House and Madison, Wisconsin.

The Juniors picked are William J. Barber '46 of Kirkland House and Abileno Kanens; Dautel B. Ray '49 of Winthrop House and Brooklyn, New York; Walter I. Tibette, Jr. '41 of 83 ragar Lano, Walthan; Detler F. Vagts '49 of Winthrop House and Sherman, Connecticut.