BU Nets 8-2 Victory Over Crimson Hockey Team in Rugged Arena Tilt

By Robert W. Morgan jr.

Led by speed king Dana Hixton, Boston University defeated the Crimson hockey team 8 to 2 last night in one of the most intensely fought college games seen on the Arena ice since the Yale-Dartmouth duel last winter also a lopsided scorefest.

Passing and general defensive play was ragged, but both teams attacked with extraordinary vengeance right to the final bell. Only the goal tending of Ike Bevins and rapid maneuvering of B. U. defensemen kept the Crimson at bay for 17 minutes.

The only first period score came early while one Crimson skater languished in the penalty box. In the second frame B. U. began to intercept Crimson attacks to stage two and three man breakaways, and Terrier speed paid off with five goals in succession.

Shaw McKean broke the ice for the Chasemen at 17:49 of the second period on a pass from Steve Washburn and second line center Myles Huntington followed up with another score early in the final frame on an assist from wingman Dave Abbot.

Attack was the word all evening, Jack Lavelle making 28 saves in all and Revins 24. Play frequently went for minutes at a time without a whistle to keep up the fast pace. Only six penalties were doled out although the action was rough on both sides

HARVARD (2)  B. U. (8)Crocker  rw  ForbesD. Key  c  GibsonSears  lw  KirraneWashburn  rd  GleasonGreeley  ld  JurgolevichLavalle  g  Bevin