Social Group Maps Slate of 12 House and Union Dances

Local dance hall proprietors grimly faced retrenchment yesterday as the newly-formed student Social Affairs Committee announced an unprecedented minimum schedule of twelve dances to highlight the Spring Term.

Representatives from all Houses and the Union met for the first time Thursday to draw for the dance dates, one weekend for each House and five for the Union.

Unscheduled dances, according to a new ruling, may be held with the consent of House members. They must, however, be restricted to members of the House.

All five Union dances will be subject to this ruling, since they conflict with the inter-House schedule. Choice between informal Saturday night dances and formals on Fridays will depend upon the decision of the individual Houses.

Choose R. A. Cunningham Chairman

Chairman Robert A. Cunningham '46, of Winthrop House, and Secretary-Treasurer Henry W. Muller '48, of Leverett House, both elected early in the meeting, stated that the committee would act under the provisions of their newly adopted constitution, although final approval must be secured from the Student Council and Dean Watson.

An announcement by the Union Committee recommended Saturday, May 8, for the Freshman Jubilee, although the Student Council has the actual duty of picking the final date. The spring dance schedule: February 14  Leverett, Union February 21  Lowell February 28  Kirkland, Union March 6  Eliot, Union March 13  Dunster, Union April 17  Adams, Union April 24  Winthrop May 8  Freshman Jubilee     (recommended)