Two Added to Board Editing The Advocate

Self, Hedin Bring Total to Six; Watt Proclaims Victory Over Office's 'Three Years' Dust'

Two names, bringing the total to six, have been added to the interim committee named last week to start revival of the Advocate, Donald B. Watt, Jr. '47, chairman of the group, announced yesterday.

The two new members are David W. Self '48, who will act as art director, and Gordon W. Hedin '46, who will head the circulation drive scheduled to begin later in the term.

Assignments for Others

At the same time, Watt outlined the temporary assignments now being handled by the other three members of the committee. Lloyd S. Gilmour '49 is in charge of advertising, Honry McN. Jones '45 is business manager, and John McC. Howison '47, has been acting as secretary to the group.

Watt emphasized, however, that there was actually "no hierarchy within the committee group yet," and stated that any permanent assignments would have to wait until the trustees of the magazine saw fit to hand over control to an undergraduate board. He said that such a meeting would probably not be called for another six weeks at least.

Clean Up Building

Meanwhile, the committee, originally assigned to get the board rooms in the old Advocate building habitable, start a subscription drive, and plan one or two issues, has used the first week of the term to accomplish the first of their objectives, according to Watt. "Dust--about three years' worth--was the dirtiest part of it," he said after the big board room and the four smaller offices had been cleaned up.

"The Advocate's first purchase was a broom," he said. "Our first source of income came from the sale of empty beer bottles. We're getting along, though."