Wrestling Teams Fight with Bears At Brown Tonight

After its unsuccessful battle with the Tigers last Saturday, the Varsity wrestling team travels down to Providence today to take on an inexperienced crew of Bears from Brown University in eight evening grappling bouts. At the same time, the Brown cubs will flight the Yardling grapplers.

In their first season of postwar formal wrestling, the Bruin matmen, under their new mentor, Ralph Anderson, have some good men in the middleweights but show blanks or inexperience at both ends of the weight ladder, where injuries have hampered them considerably.

Fuller Favored

Heavyweight Pete Fuller, who easily disposed of his Princeton opponent, Alex Royd, Saturday by pinning him in both the second and third periods, will be at his usual spot, facing one of the apparently weaker Bruin classes. Dan Ray will probably have the toughest Bruin, a former Rhode Island State interscholastic champ, pitted against him, while at 136 Frank Trinkle of the Crimson is scheduled to run into a good wrestler in the person of Jack Micheal, a former Hill School captain.

Ray garnered a one-sided 12 to 0 decision in Saturday's Princeton match, and three times almost turned in a fall.

Jay Thomas's Freshman team, hit hard by the absence of several key men who dropped from the squad, will oppose a green Brown '50 team which is strong in the light classes, but like the Varsity, weakened by injuries and poor balance in several positions.