Intra Baseball Ends as Deacons Win Twice; Final Softball Matches Today

House baseball ended with three final games yesterday afternoon. The totals found Eliot and Winthrop tied for first place, Kirkland a close third, Adams fourth, and four other Houses tied for the cellar.

The Deacon nine swept both ends of yesterday's twin bill, routing Leverett by a distinctive 23 to 2 margin and claiming the nightcap over Dunster by default. Bucky Harrison and Sam Bush shared the hurling duties, while Jerry Glynn contributed a home run to the cause. In the third game played, Stan Johnson pitched Adams House to its third victory in two days, using his curve ball effectively to set down Lowell, 16 to 6.

Today the softball season will end with undefeated Eliot seeking to make it seven straight with a types over Dudley. The Mastodons assured themselves of at least a tie with second-place Winthrop by dropping Lowell yesterday, 9 to 4. Meanwhile Dudley lost a pair to Winthrop and Adams, 7 to 2 and 5 to 0, and Kirkland shut out Leverett 4 to 0. The final baseball standings: House  Record  House  Record Eliot  6-1  Dudley  2-5 Winthrop  6-1  Dunster  2-5 Kirkland  5-2  Leverett  2-5 Adams  3-4  Lowell  2-5