Hughes Uncovers HDC Head Atop Model, Wins Date

Over 80 astute College men have already penetrated the supposedly thick veil of secrecy surrounding the identity of the Harvard Dramatic Club's "Miss Juno," alias Theodore P. Allegretti '47, HDC announced yesterday as they closed the contest four days ahead of the original deadline, naming J. Jay Hughes '48 lucky recipient of a complete evening with the unmasked maid.

Dancing at the Copley

First under the wire with his entry spotting Allegretti's head perched on an unfamiliar torso, Hughes held out for and won a date with the body, none other than Ray Nichols, Miss Massachusetts of 1946. "I knew those weren't Ted's hands," said the sharp-eyed winner.

In addition to two front-row seats to "Juno and the Paycock" on opening night, May 6, HDC will provide the newly-acquainted couple with dinner at the China House, dancing at the Oval Room of the Copley, and a chauffer who is prepared to double as chaperon, if the need should arise.

No alcohol will seep into the evening's festivities, Hughes learned to his sorrow, since a Massachusetts law outlaws liquor as a contest reward.