Europe Acts to Accept Marshall Plan as 16 Nations Sign Request For Billions in Dollar Currency

Over the Wire

Western Europe's reply to the Marshall plan-a request by 16 nations for $19,300,000,000 to see them through the next four years-was signed yesterday by representatives in Paris.

Itallan Communists hope to eject premier do Gasperl's Christian Democratic government today by forcing a no-confidence vote in the constituent assembly.

Establish the foundations for a real world government in the U. N. General Assembly regardless of Russia's present stand, declared Albert Einstein last night in an open letter to the Assembly.

A Presidential statement on the world food crisis will occur within the next few days, according to the White House yesterday.

Hariold E. Stassen left New England tonight after a four day visit, declaring that talks with G. O. P. leaders in the northeast states had encouraged him in his campaign for the Republican nomination for President.

The first fully automatic trans-Atlantic flight was completed yesterday, the U. S.

Air Force announced today. The C-54 robot plane landed in Newfoundland after the 2400 mile from England.

The Brooklyn Dodgers were presented with the National League pennant last night when their second place rivals, the St. Louis Cardinals, were defeated by the Chicago Cubs, 6 to 3 in the night half of the day-night doubleheader.

The weather: Fair and continued cool today and tonight.