Students and Tests Collide; Injuries Light

Two Go to Stillman Following Collapses

Final exams and 5000 undergraduates met on the field of combat last week and several men were hurt in the shuffle.

As of last night, Stillman Infirmary had only two casuaties to report. A pair of students who broke down during one of their tests were rushed to hospital beds and kept incommunicado "until they were able to think clearly again."

Three missing-in-action cases have already appeared at the Registrar's Office with excuses for forgotten exams. As provided in faculty rulings, the three are considered to have failed. The annual stand-bys of malevolent alarm clocks and stalled cars gave way this year to a simple, "I thought it war tomorrow."

Many Latecomers

Uncounted hundreds came huffing and puffing into exam rooms after tests had started, about half a dozen bedraggled individuals arriving over an hour late. All were permitted to take their exams if nobody had left the room.

One Adams House resident who was enrolled in Intermediate French Complained that his exam had been unusually tough. Later he discovered having taken the final in French A, a beginners' course.

After arriving late at three finals, a foreign-born freshman vowed he would be 20 minutes early for his one remaining test. He was, and 25 minutes later found he was in the wrong building.

Late Thursday afternoon, the Information Office received a call from a sophomore who asked when the Social Relations 18 final would be given. "Why," replied the secretary, "that was this morning."

The student on the other end gulped audibly. "Then can you tell me where University Hall is?" he asked.