JV's Bow to B.U. In Hockey Debut; '51 Six Wins, 4-1

Undefeated Yardling skaters successfully hurdled their first major stumbling block yesterday, beating a strong Cambridge Latin sextet 4 to 1, but the Jayvees could not solve the tricky passing of the B.U. Freshman and lost their first game of the season, 1 to 3.

In the opener yesterday afternoon on Arena ice, the '51 sextet got off to a slow start after a two weeks vacation layoff, but banged in three goals in the second period to clinch the game. Hal Marshall, filling in for Jack Carman on the first line, paced the Crimson attack with two tallies.

Priddy Absent

Varsity mentor John Chase coached the team in the absence of Stan Priddy, who left today for Europe as a member of the A.H.A. Olympic hockey team.

The Jayvees were completely outclassed by an aggressive B.U. sextet that jumped to a three-goal lead at the outset. Larry Ward on the Jayvee forward line stood out during the afternoon, totalling two goals and an assist.

The jayvee sextet was definitely on the minus side of experience, having played only a few early season scrimmages, while B.U. has been in action since early December.

The freshman lineups: lw, Marshall; c, Kittredge; rw, Anderson; ld, Sedgewick; rd, Lucas; g, P. Clark.

The Jayvee lineups: lw, Robb; c, Ward; rw, Fuller; ld, Weld; rd, Key; g, Wood.