Crimson Polls College Today On Presidency

Ballots Are Available In Every Dining Hall

The CRIMSON's, traditional straw vote on presidential candidates begins throughout the University today. Ballots and ballot boxes will be placed in the House, dining halls, the Union, Dudley Hall, Cowie Hall, the Agassiz Hall mailboxes, and the Graduate dining hall.

Postcard ballots have already been mailed to all Faculty members who appointments are for longer than one year, and to all administrative officials at Radcliffe.

Names Required as Check

Names and address will be asked on the ballots distributed to students. Identification is to prevent against ballot-box stuffing. All ballots will be destroyed after counting.

The ballots to be distributed today will bear the names of Governor Thomas E. Dewey, Norman Thomas, J. Strom Thurmond, President Harry S. Truman, and Henry Wallace. The ballots will also permit write-in votes and will leave space for those who are uncertain to indicate their indecision.

Pollees will also be asked whether or not they expect to exercise their franchise Tuesday.

No Ballot in 1944

No straw vote was taken in 1944, because the Army and Navy refused to permit politics to be mentioned in the Service News, wartime substitute for the CRIMSON.

In 1940, the student body backed Wendell L. Willkie, while the Faculty supported Franklin D. Roosevelt '04.