Students May Get 4 Tickets To Yale Game

36,087 Orders Arrive For 34,970 Tickets

Undergraduates who applied before the October 29 deadline may receive up to four tickets for the Yale game. However, only two seats will come under the student's priority.

In a statement released by the H.A.A. yesterday, director William J. Bingham '16 said that "No student will have access to more than four, but all properly filed applications will be filled."

Requests Outnumber seats

Alumni and present undergraduates turned in a total of 36,087 requests for ducats to the November 20 game, although the H.A.A. share for the game is only 34,970 seats. If the Athletic Association cannot obtain 1500 extra seats, it will be forced to cut down on the seats assigned to younger alumni.

"If at all posible, we hope to take care of all who filed applications on time," Bingham stated.

1946 a Black Year

The early announcement of the state of Yale seats differs much from the ticket situation in 1946, the year of the last Cambridge Yale game. At that time, no policy statements were made until November 19, five days before the game. The H.A.A. then announced that no undergraduate would receive more than two seats.

The outcry raised by students at this time started the Student Council investigation which led to the present ticket-allocation system.

As yet no definite plans have been made to handle the requests of students who applied after the deadline, nor has any announcement of a definite seating plan been released.