Students Here for Christmas Get Library, Union Services

Library and dining facilities will be available for those students who intend to stay in Cambridge during the Christmas vacation. University officials, however, expect only a very small percentage of the student body to remain at college for the December respite.

Men who need books during the vacation that are now on the Widener reading room shelves or in the Union and Boylston libraries can make arrangements to reserve them before the big Lamont move starts Saturday.

Keyes DeW. Metcalf, director of the University libraries, said that the library staff will attempt to provide complete service.

All dining hall service for freshmen and House residents will center in the Harvard Union. Students will be able to pay for their meals either with a blanket fee for the 15-day period or with coupons for each meal. The latter plan will be the wiser, a Union official said, for these who expect to miss breakfast or intend to eat out fairly frequently. Prices for the meals will be: 55 cents for breakfast, 75 cents for lunch, and 95 cents for supper.