'52 Quintet Bows To Northeastern In 71-52 Contest

In its second start this season the freshman basketball squad last night asked somewhat less than inspired in taking a 71-52 drubbing from Northeastern. Crimson inability to penetrate duskies Northeastern defense while the duskies scored freely caused the rout in which John Silk, Northeastern center, scored 36 points.

Gerry Murphy, who led the Crimson scoring with ten points, was ejected early in the third quarter on personal fuls further crippling the already faltering freshmen.

Freshman coach Lloyd C. Harper earled Murphy and Alden Davis as edwards John Stevenson at center, and will Hickey and Bill Borah at the forward.

Crimson Spurt

When the first quarter ended, the crimson was on the short end of an 13 score. During the second quarter, sever, the team slowly closed the gap and toward the end of the period held short one point lead, 26-25. Shortly after the Huskies caught fire. Employing its breakaway plays they scored five wishes in a row and when the half-time buzzer sounded they held a 35-26 lead. After the half, Northeastern steadily Granded its lead by firing shorts into the Basket from all over the court. The crimson, meanwhile, unable to crack the Northeastern defense, resorted without access to shots from the outside, and at close of the third period trailed, 52-39.