Hucksters to Hold Spotlight In Second Career Conference

Would-be hucksters will get a glimpse of their future tonight when the Student Placement Office presents a conference on "Advertising and Public Relations," the second in its series.

The parley follows on the heels of an announcement by the Office that representatives of two national advertising agencies will arrive here later this term to interview students for several positions in their firms.

Flashing their sincere ties tonight will be Paul N. Swaffield, president of the American Federation of Advertisers; Harold Cabot '22, owner of his own advertising company; and Albert J. Lynd '34, account executive for a Boston firm.

As a sideline, adman Swaffield referees Ivy League football games, and it was he who arbitrated last year's Dartmouth and Princeton debacles. Swaffield is currently advertising manager for the Hood Rubber Company, where he has worked for 25 years.

Future symposiums will deal with Radio and Movies, Business, Teaching, Engineering and Scientific Research, Publishing, Medicine, Labor, Government, Law, and Design.

The meeting, scheduled for 7:45 o'clock at Adams House, will be chaired by Francis Keppel, Assistant to the Provost. Last week's conference on journalism has evoked a "flood of requests" for reprints from all over the country, the Placement Office said yesterday.