Summer Students Get House Rooms

Women Sleep in Yard Dorms

The Dean's Office wishes to call to the attention of all students that, in accordance with past policies, no credit towards the Harvard A.B. or S.B. degree will be granted for any Summer School work taken elsewhere than at the Harvard Summer School. Sargent Kennedy,   Registrar.

At least some entries in every House will be open this summer, University Hall decided yesterday on the basis of more than 1000 preliminary Summer School applications from Harvard and Radcliffe students alone.

Five hundred eleven Harvard undergraduates, of whom 384 are currently House residents, filed applications at the recent registration, which Provost Buck and Vice-President Reynolds felt were enough to make House residence feasible. Details of the plan are under consideration at present by Associate Dean Watson and the seven House masters.

Meanwhile, Director of the Summer School George W. Adams reported that over 6000 inquires from non-College applicants have been filed with his office. Of this number, however, only 100 have submitted definite application.

This group is made up of roughly 50 percent undergraduates and 50 percent graduate students of other colleges. Of the graduates, almost two-thirds are teachers, and the group as a whole is about two-third men.

These and later applicants from outside the College will be housed in the Yard, and if necessary, in Adams House. Grays, Hollis, Holworthy, Lionel, Massachusetts, and Straus Halls will all be converted into women's dorms for the summer.

The summer session will last from June 28 to August 21, and will offer courses in the usual academic categories.