Flying Club Will Travel to Smith On Weekend Visit

Breakfast at Smith College and a "spot landing" contest with the flying clubs of Smith, Yale, Mt. Holyoke, and Dartmouth is on the Sunday program of the Harvard Flying Club this weekend. Five planes will convey thirteen Harvard aviators to the affair.

Weather permitting, the flyers will leave Bedford Airport at 7 a.m. tomorrow. They will use a Stinson three-place, a Stinson four-place, a two-place Aronca Chief, and two two-place Aronica champions for the one hundred mile journey. Members of the Smith Flying Club will welcome them on their expected 8 a.m. Northampton arrival.

After breakfasting at Smith, the flyers will return to the airport to man their planes in a "spot landing" contest. A pair of argyle seeks knitted by one of the members of the Smith Flying Club will be awarded the winner.

Commenting upon the visit to Smith, Manager Richard Baker '51 remarked, "What the club and aviation need in cases like this is a Nash of the air."

The club files through contract with the East Coast Aviation Company of Bedford Field.