Rugby Club Seeks Big Men To Bolster Depleted Squad

Big men who are interested in the sport of rugby, and have some knowledge of the technical aspects of the game will receive a hearty welcome from the rugby club it was decided at a general meeting of all voting members held last night. The club, badly depleted by graduation, met to begin planning for the coming winter season.

In addition to the annual trip to Bermuda official invitations by both UCLA and the University at Berkeley for the rugby team to come to California, expenses paid, were announced.

Roger Bennet '42, captain of the Rugger team in his senior year and now a student at the Business School was named as the new coach of the team at last night's meeting. Bennet who comes from Coulston Surrey in England succeeded Callahan who graduated from the Episcopal Theological Seminary last June.

The rugby team has had only one outing this fall when they traveled to McGill and fought the Varsity to a 3-3 tie.

At last night's meeting Joe Eaton was elected president of the club for the new year. Hollis French was named to the vice-president position, Dwight Nishimura, former manager of the varsity football team will be the new club secretary and Colin McIntyre will be treasurer.

Final decision on the California trip and organizational plans for the Easter vacation Bermuda jaunt will be taken up at the January meeting.