JRC Circulates Poll at Annex On Lamont No Women Policy

Exclusion of Radcliffe students from Lamont Library is a discriminatory policy, the John Reed Club claimed yesterday in a questionnaire circulated at the Annex.

The poll, which seeks to discover 'Cliffe views on the issue, also decries the policy which "unfairly prevents women students from using the best possible study and classroom facilities available at Harvard-Radcliffe.

"We have no desire to see Radcliffe library closed, ignored, or neglected (nor men excluded), but we do think that some arrangement can and should be worked out so that the reading and study rooms, the Poetry Room, and the classroom facilities of Lamont are made available to the Radcliffe students," the circular continues.

The questionnaire consists of three parts of yes or no answers, asking for comments in addition. It reads as follows:

1) Do you have difficulty securing books which are necessary for your courses? a. Reserved books, b. Unreserved books.

2) Do you feel that Radcliffe students should be allowed to use Lamont Library on an equal basis with Harvard students?

3) In the event that full use of Lamont cannot be secured, would you be in favor of the following: a. That Radcliffe students be allowed to use the study and special facilities (Poetry Room, special collections, etc.) during: 1. Morning hours (since women are in the Yard at this time) and 2. Vacations when the Library is open. b. That Radcliffe students be admitted to Lamont classrooms for section meetings.