Annual Report On the Houses

Adams Flaunts Food, Pool, Proximity for Men Who Like to Enjoy Gracious Living

From the swimming pool in "B" entry right through to the University's most palatable meals, Adams House offers the upperclassman 24 hours worth of comfortable and gracious living every day.

In short, Adams claims to have everything the prospective house resident wants.

In bright new "C" entry on Plympton Street, the rooms are as modern as any in the University. In the older parts of the House, Adams boasts the University's largest suites and most so its few bathtubs. Grouped on the uptown side of Mt. Auburn Street between the CRIMSON office and the Lampoon edifice, all the entries of Adams are only a minute from the Yard, a true boon for late risers.

For the athletic, Adams maintains its own squash courts in the back of the University courts on Linden street. The studious will find the library upstairs in "C" entry well supplied with texts, reference books, and fiction. And for the musically inclined, a collection of classical and semi-classical records is always on file. Those who wouldst live dangerously can test their attitude towards parietal rules against the challenge of over a dozen unguarded gates. What more could a Gold Coaster, past or present want in the way of conveniences.

Practically speaking, he who applies to Adams as first choice has a better than average chance of getting accepted. Since the demise of the old Gold Coast, more and more gullible freshmen are being wooed to the suburban houses, their courtyards and river views, leaving the waiting list at Adams one of the smallest. This is a mystery to the upperclass resident who finds himself ensconced in a myriad of conveniences and surrounded by a host of interesting and individualistic compatriots in his A-House home.

Under the guiding hand of Housemaster David M. Little '17, Adams consistently throws some of the largest formal dances of the year, and an active house committee contrives a steady flow of Saturday night informal dances. Adams was one of the first Houses to pack its common room with television spectators, and the first to campaign for an automatic launderer in the basement. It has a complete darkroom, harbors a wobbly ping-pong table, and has a fellow in the lobby who sells magazines, candy, and gum.

And besides, Adams House has a lot of yummy-delicious vacancies. Just in case you're interested, of course.