Lowell Wins Winter Sports, Still Trails Kirkland

Samborski Gives Straus Trophy Standings, All House Basketball Squad, High Scorers

With all but House volleyball and fencing completed, the standings for winter athletics alone put Lowell first, Kirkland second, and Eliot third.

The Straus Trophy race remains the same as it was at the end of the fall term, however, with Kirkland at the top.

The Bellhey basketball, squash, and swimming teams were responsible for giving that House its boast towards second place in the Straus standings. These squads garnered a total of 410 points by winning the inter-House events. Straus Trophy Stadings House  FALL  WINTER Kirkland  282 1/2  473 1/2 Lowell  211 2/3  530 Eliot  454 1/2  252 1/2 Winthrop  216 2/3  488 Leverett  190  389 1/2 Dunster  160  390 Adams  171 2/3  347 Duley  130  282 1/2

All-Star Five

The results of the elections for the all-House Basketball Team were announced last night with Winthrop taking two positions on the "A" team.

Johnny Goldsmith (Lowell) and John White (Winthrop) are the guards, Ted Nelson (Winthrop) is the center, and Brad Ryan (Dudley) and Bob Crichton (Eliot) are the forwards.

The second team is made up of Dave Warden and Chuck Brynteson (Dunster) guards, Frank Holt (Adams) center, and Dan Rourke (Kirkland) and Johnny Woods (Dudley), forwards.

Top Scorers

In another announcement made by Dolph Samborski, Director of intramural athletics, the individual high scorers in House basketball were disclosed. Johnny Goldsmith of Lowell took top honors with 227 points for the season. The runner-up, Bob Crichton of Eliot was far behind with 164 points. Third place in the standings was taken by Dudley's Brad Ryan with 163 tallies.

All-Star Five

Top Scorers