3000 Students To Study Here This Summer

Adams Sets Plans for Second Session Since War; Students Get Credit for Half a Term

Three thousand students are expected to attend the second post-war session of the Harvard Summer School, which runs from July 5 to August 26, Director George W. Adams announced today.

Men and women from all parts of the country, as well as Harvard students, will attend the eight weeks' semester. Undergraduates on the school roster will be able to complete two half courses or the equivalent of one-half term's work.

The school will operate a special six weeks' program for graduates in education. The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering also plan programs, but these will probably last for the regular eight weeks.

Conant, Shapley Teach

Teachers from other colleges will be represented on both sides of the lecture platform. Among visiting professors slated to give courses are Albert Guerard, Sr., professor emeritus of English at Stanford University; A.S.P. Woodhouse, professor of English at the University of Toronto; and Earl Latham, professor of Government at Amherst College.

Heading the list of Harvard educators is President Conant, who will give a course on the Science of General Education. Harlow Shapley, director of the University Observatory, will make one of his rare appearances in Astronomy S142, Introduction to Cosmogony.

Final course catalogues, as well as application blanks, will be ready in the middle of April.

Three special seminars are planned for the eight weeks' session.