Freshmen Choose Committee To Manage Jubilee May 6, 7

Freshmen yesterday elected a ten man committee to manage their Spring Jubilee. In order of votes received, the successful candidates are: Edward J. Coughlin, James F. Murphy, Myron B. Siner, John D. Bardis, Gordon M. Morrison, James S. Hilboldt, Robert L. Wiley, William G. Cummings, Francis C. Collins, and Joseph A. Broido, all of the Class of 1952.

The campaign was hotly contested and gave rise to many unusual stunts. Like Harry Truman, Coughlin "brought his fight to the people." Like Harry Truman, he won his election, leading the field with 353 votes, nearly 100 more than the next candidate.

The Committee meets tonight at the Union to begin planning the Jubilee, which will take place on May 6 and 7. J. Tilghman Hazel, Jr. '51 of the Council's Freshman Affairs Committee will advise the group.

74 Percent Vote

Seventy-four percent of the freshman class cast their ballots in the election, which was supervised by the Student Council's Freshman Affairs Committee. Bawdy sex in campaign themes was prevented by this Committee with the hope that the entire Jubilee can be kept under control.

There was some doubt after first tabulations as to who would be the tenth committeemen. A recount was held, however, and Broido's four-vote lead over Alfred J. Klingel was upheld.