Crimson Favored Today Over Weak BC Tennis Squad

A varsity tennis team that Wednesday toppled BU, 9 to 0, hopes to make it two in a row when it goes against BC at 3:45 p.m. today on the Soldiers Field courts.

Coach Jack Barnaby's players are heavy favorites. BC opened its season last week and lost, 10 to 2, to MIT--a squad Crimson tennis teams have always been able to trounce.

The Eagles are sorely handicapped in respect to practice, since they boast access only to public courts. The varsity, on the other hand, has had plenty of fall and spring workouts on the 12 green clay Soldiers Field courts.

Barnaby will stick to the same singles lineup that showed so well against BU; the varsity lists Bud Ager, Captain Ted Bullard, Charlie Ames, Hilliard Hughes, Jack Frey, and Jay Robb.

In doubles, Barnaby hopes to try the new combination of Craig Coombs and Tom Zinsser if, and it seems probable, the score is high enough in favor of the Crimson. Barnaby has three other doubles teams, but he's looking ahead to the Yale match which requires five doubles matches instead of the usual three.

After today's tussle with the Eagles, the varsity will meet one of the East's stronger squads, Amherst, tomorrow on the Lord Jeff's home courts.