Crippled Ruggers Meet MIT Today

Four Key Players Out Of Game; Engineers Have Strong Team

By Donald Carswell

A strengthened M.I.T. rugby team and a weakened Harvard one will hold a rematch of their pre-vacation game this afternoon at 3 p.m. on the rugby field. Harvard won the first tilt by a decisive 17 to 0 margin.

The Crimson team has been partially crippled this week by the loss of four crucial players out of the starting fifteen. Three-quarter basks Sam Adams and Holly French are out with a bad shoulder and multiple bruises respectively, lineman Ed Davis has a bad back, and Peter Manning-Smith is scheduled to address the International Rotarians at game time. Their places will be taken by Ernie Mitchell, Joe Mazum, Jack Worrall, and John Emerson.

The Rising Engineers

M.I.T. on the other hand is vastly improved. The Engineers did not even have a full team for the early season encounter and since then has bolstered itself with a new shipment of ruggers, including two or more bona fide Englishmen. Tech is especially strong in the "hooker" position, the middle man in the front row of the scrum who tries to kick the ball back to his backs.

A Trier of Spice

The game will be spiced by one further bit of intelligence, the fact that the M.I.T. captain refereed the Harvard-McGill game and the crowd present was not especially pleased with all of his decisions. Consequently, feeling among the fans and possibly among the players will probably run high toward this unfortunate.

As for the probable winner, Harvard, despite its multitude of injuries is still favored to win, but by a much smaller margin.