Men Not In Education Field To Work on School Project

Instructors from the fields of Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, and Social Relations will soon join the School of Education faculty in analyses of educational problems. Dean Keppel announced yesterday that seminars run by men in these fields will discuss questions raised by the Education School's studies in four eastern communities.

The Education School will analyze school problems in relation to the school's role in its entire community. After the reports have been filled with the local school boards, the follow-up work will begin in Cambridge with instructors from the four fields.

The local school boards are paying the School of Education for its completed reports. Funds from the W. K. Kellogg and Russell Sage Foundations will permit the follow-up work.

The school's center for field studies will report on the curricula of the Pitts-field junior high school and the Industrial Scohol for Crippled Children in Boston as well as the school building needs of Taunton and a proposed school building in Portchester, New York.

Alfred D. Simpson, professor of Education, is supervising the local studies, some of which will be carried on as part of specific classes.

About 40 per cent of the school's 275 enrollment will be eligible to participate in the program.