Harriers Upend Brown, B.U.

The Crimson cross-country team yesterday upset favored Brown and B.U. squads over the Brown five mile course. Harvard had 32 points, Boston University was second with 36, and Brown trailed far behind with 61. (Cross-country is scored like golf, low point total wins.)

Walt Molineaux, sensational Brown junior edged out the Crimson's Dave Gregory for individual honors in a blanket finish. The Brown star finished in the good time of 26:16 with Gregory only a half second behind.

Brown placed but one other man besides Molineux in the first fifteen finishers. Hal Gerry and Dave Cairns picked up fifth and sixth spots for the Crimson, with Emil San Soucie in eighth and Hugh Maguire in the tenth position to round out the Harvard scoring.

Yardlings Win, Too

Although unable to place a man higher than third, the Crimson freshmen also managed to come home with a win. The Yardlings had 33 points, Brown 39, and a make-shift B.U. squad 61.

Bill Chrisman was the first Yardling finisher, while Marshall Childs followed close behind in the fifth spot. Frank Nahigian, 'Al Blaylock, and Dave Ingle were the other Harvard scorers. Ingle, one of the more promising runners seen here in several years, lost his way over the unfamiliar Brown course.