JV Capitulates To Blues, 19-0

By Philip M. Cronin

NEW HAVEN, Nov. 23--An underdog Crimson junior varsity squad held stronger Yale to one touchdown throughout most of the game here today. Until the Blue finally took over in the final few minutes to win 19 to 0.

After receiving the kickoff, Yale advanced goalward, but the march halted on the 30 when halfback Bob Poole was tackled eight yards behind scrimmage Harvard, however, could not more the hall against the powerful Yale line. Earl Trucker's last down kick was blocked, and Yale had the ball on the Crimson 25. Halfback Tom Richey got a 20 yard pass off to end Paul Grider, who was uncovered to the end zone. The conversion made the score 7 to 0.

Yale Takes Over

In the second quarter, Tale threatened to score again after Harvard ran out of downs on its own 30. Yale took over on the Crimson 16 with five seconds remaining in the half. But a long pass to the end zone failed.

Good running by Willie Van Epps and Ronnie Noonan brought lengthy gains for the Crimson. In the third quarter, but despite this, the Crimson could not get beyond the Yale 30. The Eli line became almost impenetrable.

In the final quarter, after several unsuccessful line bucks. Ronnie Messer kicked.

Then Yale moved the ball to the 30 Richey, for the second time in the afternoon, passed to Grider in the end zone for a touchdown. The conversion failed.

With four minutes remaining a pass from Trucker was intercepted by Rodney Waener who skimmed past five Crimson tacklers for the score. Yale failed to got the extra point and the final score was Yale 19, Harvard 0.