Jayvees Oppose '55 Eleven; Both Seek First Win Today

The winless freshman and junior varsity football teams will clash today at 2 p.m. on the Varsity Practice Field. Neither squad has earned a victory, the jayvees have three losses in a row, and the freshmen have four consecutive defeats on the record.

Single Wing

Coach Bob Margarita's '55 squad will work mainly from the single wing. The freshmen have alternated between single wing and T-formation all season.

The '55 defense has been particularly strong, except for the 46 to 13 Brown mistake. Against powerful Worcester Academy and Andover elevens, the freshmen kept the scores down to 13 to 0, and 14 to 0, respectively. A fluke safety gave the Dartmouth yearlings a tight 2 to 0 victory over the Yardlings two weeks ago.

Offense Improves

With quarterback Paul Murphy, an offensive stand-out, back in action, and capable halfback Dick Hoffman promoted to a starting position, a weak offense should be considerably improved. It will face a JV team whose shoddy defense has yielded 92 points in three games this season.

Defensive quarterback Brint Donalson will take over the offensive quarterback position, replacing Bob Gremp, who has left the jayvees for basketball. Donalson has displayed undeniable ability on the defensive platoon, and is expected to guide the team for most of the game from a "T"-formation.

The probable lineups: JUNIOR VARSITY    FRESHMEN Heller  re  Ross Miller  rt  Koch Caimi  rg  Anderson Cook  c  Marsh Chandler  lg  Marzymski McGrath  it  Pfahl Hickey  ie  Clark Donalson  qb  Hoffman Messer  rhb  Dewan Finney  ihb  Conzelman Noonan  fb  MacDonald