Wesleyan Favored to Defeat Varsity Soccer Team Today

One of the toughest afternoons of the season awaits Bruce Munro's Crimson booters when they face Wesleyan at 2 p.m. today on the Business School Filed. Traditionally a power team, Wesleyan is a big, fast outfit, and is rated a favorite over Harvard this afternoon.

"Wesleyan is as good as we'll meet all year," Munro says. The Cardinals are rangy, and particularly skillful with the ball in the air. The Crimson, looking for its first win of the season, regards this a key game. The two teams have not met since before the war.

But Harvard has improved. "We were twice as good against Tufts as we were in the first game," Munro stated. "But we'll have to be as much better this time, too."

Injuries Plague Crimson

Injuries have put the Crimson at as added disadvantage. Berk Johnson, regular left outside, is still on crutches; Dana Getchell, his probable replacement, has been having trouble with one foot; Craig Zane, starting right half back, has a strained Achilles tendon; and George Baker and Bill Cowperthwaite, reserve linemen, are both limping.

If Getchell cannot play Juan Vollenweider will take over the left outside slot, with Win Knowlton on the other wing, backed by Steve Joyce. Frank Davies and Juan Rodriguez will be the insides for Maurice Toro in one center trio, while Cowperthwaite will center for Baker and Johnny Beer in another combination. The Toro outfit will probably start.

Besides Zane, Alex Haegler and Rusty McIntosh make up the halfback line, while Bob Sobel and Charley Ufford are the fullbacks. Roger Taylor will start in the goal.