New Clinging Stocking Fabric May Revolutionize Indusry

By George S. Abrams, Erik Amfitheatrof, and Joy Willmunen

The 'Cliffedweller may be in for a drastic change in her stocking were if a new fabric, Nylon Georgette, catches hold.

Nylon Georgette was finally developed this year after many months of experimentation. If all the manufacturers' claims are true, the new fabric promises some vast improvements over regular nylon and silk ware.

Its best features, according to advance publicity, is its smooth fit with a soft clinging that enables the stocking to move with the leg, and in general to act as if it were an entirely, natural silky cocoon.

That's not all. Nylon Georgette's has a special talent. It has a creped surface that crinkles in the hand, but expands, when worn, to a film of dull-finished sheerness-with a resulting attractive and close but unstrained fit. In addition, Nylon Georgette is porus--and therefore just as cool and light as could be expected if there were no stocking at all.

Author of the new process is Bryan $1.95; De Pinna; Himelock's; Frost Bros. Full scale production will not begin before the new year, but a few sample stockings have been finding their way to the market. The average 'Cliffedweller, however, will probably have to wait until Nylon Georgette reaches the market in quantity before testing the producers' claims and the raves of all the latest fashion magazines.