Improved Harriers Compete Today In IC4A Championship Track Meet

Decided underdogs, the varsity cross country team lines up with squads from 35 other colleges in the annual I.C.4A championships this afternoon at Van Cortlandt Park, New York.

The Crimson will face the same four teams that finished ahead of it in the Heptagonals last week. Besides these, there will be a strong Penn State team, champions for the past two years; St. Johns, recent winners of the Metropolitan Intercollegiate hill and dale title; and Rhode Island. New England College champions.

Last year, in the I.C.4A championship meet, the harriers finished 29th in a 30-team field, with former captain Dave Gregory coming in 98th to pace the squad. Both Harold Gerry and Captain Emil San Soucie should better Gregory's placing this year.

In fact, the Crimson ought to score much higher than they did in last year's disappointing finish. They have little chance, however, to overtake any of the leaders. Army, winner of the Heptagonals and Intercollegiate runners-up last year, and Penn State will be favored to fight it out for the team title.

Today's meet will be the varsity's last. The team has had a successful season, winning the Big Three title from Yale and Princeton. Its only dual meet loss was administered by Dartmouth, a team the Crimson beat in the Heptagonals.