Six College Maids Win House Honor For Extra Deeds

Favorite maids of the six Houses give their students dancing lessons, build them bookshelves, decorate their rooms, and nurse them through hangovers.

Meeting last night, the House Committees of Kirkland, Eliot, Leverett, Lowell, Winthrop, and Adams Houses picked these kind of ladies as their House winners. One of the six will be selected tonight as the favorite of all the College. Al Capp and Daniel G. Mulvihill of the HUERA will help pick the winner.

Call Her Queenie

Leverett House winner was Mrs. "Millie" DiCarlo, of E entry, who keeps a schedule of each students' classes and never lets him sleep through a class or exam. In Kirkland, the choice was Miss Helen "Queenie" Anderson, of I entry, who has loaned her boys money when needed, taught them neatness "Through pleas, cajolery and imprecations" and and helped them find dates.

Winthrop House selected Mrs. Maynaid, who takes home sheets for mending, helps buy furniture, and cleans neckties.

Lowell House's favorite was Mrs. Walsh of K entry. She builds students bookshelves, and "never takes our liquor without asking first."

C entry of Adams House contributed a maid known only as "Nellie", who students said tried "in innumerable little ways" to "make this circle a bit easier to live in."

Finally, Eliot House chose Mrs. Laura Blouin of C entry, for, among other things, feeding the fish and watering the plants over vacation.