Rate Rejoins Team in End Slot; Practice Injury Sidelines Toepke

Practice can no longer improver Harvard's showing against Princeton.

The varsity football team went through its last contact workout yesterday, then packed game bags for the trip to Tiger town. At 8:30 a.m. today the squad--with J.V. and freshman players to bring the total to 160 men--will pull out of South Station for the long train ride to New Jersey.

A light bit of exercise in Palmer Stadium this afternoon and whatever "skull" sessions the coaches can fit into the empty hours--these are the only preparations left between now and the kickoff.

The Crimson ended it's hard drills in good physical shape. Hank Rate is apparently ready for full time duty. He will share the right end position with sophomore Bob Cochran. Tackle Hank Toepke, injured, oddly enough, in a "soft" Friday workout, is the only regular not making the trip.

Wingback John Ederer, whose passing gives the Crimson a valuable surprise weapon, spent considerable time yesterday sharpening his aerial prowess. Meanwhile, the defensive unit, spearheaded by junior linebackers Bob Hardy and Ronnie Messer, got its last look at simulated Princeton plays.

Tomorrow they'll see the real thing.