Buck Announces Hours for '56 in Memorial Church

Provost Buck yesterday announced the hours of the freshman study hall in the basement of Memorial Church.

The hours are: Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. until midnight; Saturday, 7 p.m. until midnight; and Sunday, from 2 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. until midnight.

Buck emphasized that the hours set are on an "experimental basis." He said "If we find certain hours are not used and certain days are used more than others, we will adjust times accordingly."

Reactions from Radcliffe students, who have previously had exclusive use of the room, range from "great" to "all very well, but..."

A major Annex objection to the admission of freshmen to the study room during the day was voiced by Janet Brown '56, "It's okay at night, but during the day that's the only place the girls can gather privately around the Yard."

A saving factor of the situation in the eyes of most of the Annex is that the study hall will now provide a place for Harvard and Radcliffe students to study, together after 10 p.m.

A number of girls were curious to know why the freshmen needed the new study hall, although they thought the now arrangement "nice."