Amory Takes CIA Job; Loss Replaces Him

Louis Loss, Associate General Counsel of the Securities and Exchange Commission, will arrive in Cambridge next week to assume the teaching duties of Robert Amory, Jr. '36, professor of Law.

Amory will leave shortly for Washington to become an Assistant Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Loss, a graduate of the Yale Law School in 1937, will teach the Securities Seminar and two sections of the second year course on Corporations. He will lecture on Thursday, Fridays, and Saturdays and continue his work with the S.E.C. during the first part of the week. His text, "Securities Regulation," is already in use in Amory's seminar. Loss was named a visiting Professor of Law, effective March 1.

Amory has been granted a leave of absence until September of 1953 to enable him to accept his position with the S.E.C. The government assignment has also forced him to withdraw his candidacy for the Eleventh Congressional District seat to the Republican Convention.

Loss has been with the S.E.C. since his graduation from law school. He has conducted a seminar on "S.E.C. Aspects of Corporate Finance" each year since 1947, and has lectured on the same subject at George Washington Law School.

During 1940-42, Loss taught at the Law School of the Catholic University of America in Washington.